Monday, May 18, 2020

Banned by a troll

This is a follow-up to "How to Spot A DNC Troll". This morning the Facebook group I'd written it for was gone. Posts I'd saved from that group were gone. Notifications on comments and posts I'd made there were likewise gone. When I looked up the group, Facebook reported that it didn't exist.

But it turned out that I'd been kicked out of the group and permanently banned. I checked with a mod who's a friend, and she couldn't find out what had happened - and she was afraid to ask other mods for fear of being banned herself.

That's a classic development in troll attacks. Odds are that a troll weaseled into a mod position, and got rid of me for posting the article. At a guess, the group really will be gone within two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment