Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Revolution = Hope

I'm sitting here when I should be in bed, sleeping. And suddenly I felt something that I haven't felt in a long time.

Hope.

I always hoped that the people would wake up and DO something to save us all from the species death that the oligarchy has been driving towards. For years, decades, people told me that it was hopeless; that people were sheep, and would meekly take anything that the elite inflicted on them.
I'd reply that I refused to believe that; that there was a point of pain past which people COULD NOT simply endure. A point past which all the TV, all the propaganda, all the threats would fail. That at heart, we'd fight - for our children's future, if nothing else.

But I was always afraid that maybe, just MAYBE, I was wrong.

Maybe these protests will be crushed. Maybe. But if they are, they will be followed by more, and bigger ones.

Humanity just might survive after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment