Saturday, November 18, 2023

Letter to America (Letter to the American People)

 I despise censorship. No, that's putting it too mildly: I LOATHE it with incandescent hatred.

So when western governments (purportedly "democracies") join with big tech companies to censor something, I'm immediately triggered.

The Letter to America written by Osama bin Laden is the latest target for censorship. It makes some valid points, and also some completely invalid ones. But I believe that people have a right to read it for themselves and make up their own minds, rather than have their supposed representative governments clamp their dictatorial hands over our eyes.

Even the Internet Archive has been purged of copies. But I found one, oddly enough, on Newsweek. Needless to say, I immediately copied the text and saved it. If this link is taken down, I'll post my copy.

Fuck censorship!

Osama Bin Laden's Letter to America (full text)

No comments:

Post a Comment