Sunday, February 25, 2024

Facebook rapes privacy

Holy CRAP, does Facebook rape privacy! I was explaining my CPAP machine to my mother, and looked up "CPAP mask" images on Google to show her what they look like. Now, I DON'T have Facebook Messenger or any other Facebook app installed; I use my non-Google browser to access FB instead. And I used the native Google search box in Android to search, not the browser at all.

Nonetheless Facebook is now cramming my feed with CPAP ads. It never did before. So my only conclusion is that Facebook is leveraging their presence in my browser to steal data from unrelated apps on my phone. I'm not sure what to do about that, but I'm NOT happy. This only reinforces my determination to never buy anything I see on Facebook, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment